The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Friday, May 04, 2007

I see the light

I've put off posting for a few days because I didn't want to regret what I wrote (seeing how my friend is scrapbooking this diary for all eternity). I also needed some time to sort through the darkness - and believe me the last few days have been very dark. But in the infinite wisdom of the guilty pleasure "7th Heaven" I can choose my emotions and decide how I want to feel. And I've decided I no longer want to feel dark, damaged, or hopeless. This however does not immediately equal feeling light, perfect, and hopeful - it does mean though that I certainly see the light. I'm taking back control of my life and I will not allow myself to let days or weeks pass by without me acknowledging them.

I think I was putting too much stock in someone else's faith. I wanted to believe in what I was being told and what she believed - but I need to find my happy medium. Unfortunately this means making myself emotionally done with this process. I can no longer afford to put my heart into this final wait 100%. It's not fair to my son or my husband - or my mom who spends a lot of time with my grumpy ass. I will listen to what I'm being told - then move on. I hate that I have to choose between my life and the adoption - but I can't live for the adoption anymore.

It also makes my heart heavy that I'm feeling not only disconnected but also.....leery. I can't imagine ever encouraging someone to follow in my footsteps. Maybe when Jesse is home and I can look back and say "yup, that sucked but it was all worth it now" - but I'm not there yet.

We have taken one step toward the future - buying a bigger family car. We are now the proud owners of a Mazda5. I will take a picture and post it later. Zoom Zoom!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah,

I am so proud of you. I am glad that your quilty pleasure that is 7th Heaven is helping you.

I love you and I think that when you get Jesse home, you will look back and say it was worth it.

It was worth what you wnet through for Ian.

keep up the positve.

5/04/2007 6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hannah,

i had to laugh when i read your post, because 7th heaven is my guilty pleasure too! i can't believe this is actually the last season.

but don't worry, i'm sure jesse will be home with you soon!

chris

5/05/2007 12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home