The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Friday, May 25, 2007

Counting down and getting ready

We are down to about a week and a half before we leave. I've done a ton of clothes shopping (for me and Sam) and will do more for me today. I still have a zillion things left to buy and about a million things left on a to-do list, including buy new dressers and build the crib.

Last weekend we had a planning meeting - friends and family gathered to help plan Ian's schedule while we are gone. It went well and I know things will be fine but after the meeting I found myself having some anxiety about leaving him. I know everyone loves him but it's not the same as me watching him or him being with me. I've only left him for about 3 days (and that's when we was about 18 months old). Sam and I went to a wedding and left him with my sister in Ohio. My mom was there too. I'm just not used to him driving in a bunch of different cars, for one, and just the idea of leaving him for 2 weeks......but what's done is done and we leave and Ian will have 2 weeks of full filled adventures.

This Saturday marks the haircut appointment. Sam has already shaved (which I'm still getting used to.) He looks like our prom picture (which of course is not digital so I can't post) - which is very weird to me. I have no idea how I'm going to react to the haircut..should be interesting.

I'm also posting a picture of my nearly 50% completed cross-stitch project (it's the Royal Palace in Bangkok). I haven't talked about this in a while, but I'm currently finishing up the 10th square (which means only 10 more to go), when looking at it imagine another row on the bottom and there is folded material on the top where another row will go. My goal is to finish my current square before leaving - the rest I'll finish it some day :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Glen and Andrea said...

Wow its getting exciting now. Can't wait to see your journey unfold. Sounds like you are doing great. I saw on someone elses blog that they were also leaving their older child at home with loved ones, and they bought a present for each day they were away for the child to open, to help make the time pass. I thought that was a good idea, and one to pass on. You've probably already thought of it but I just thought I'd mention it.

5/25/2007 4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how on earth are you managing to sleep with all the excitement must be wild. Thailand is fab so enjoy your trip, are you going to the North or South?

5/26/2007 8:03 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

We'll be in Bangkok the entire time - Jesse is living in the Thai Red Cross Children's Home, so we are going to focus on really getting to know the city during our trip.

5/26/2007 9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah and Sam, I haven't been checking your blog recently but finally got around to reading your last several months of posts. I'm so glad to hear the the waiting is nearly over and the miracles and adventures are about to begin! My thoughts will be with you, and I'm sending lots of love from Michigan!
Please check out my blog at http://www.myspace.com/thefrozensea if you ever get a chance... lots going on here as well! Love you lots!!! Becky, Liam and Finn

5/27/2007 2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are sure organized! My to-do list would read: freak out, freak out, be excited, freak out!

5/29/2007 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home