The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Sunday, June 03, 2007

T-Minus 24 hours...

and all the busy worker bees are buzzing around the house in preparation of the trip. Currently, my mother is fixing the hem on Ian's curtains - Sam is wrapping mini hot dogs in dough for lunch - and I am making my final post before heading off to foreign lands to change my life forever.

This morning we 1) built the crib, 2) Reorganized/clean Ian's room making room for mentioned crib 3) cleaned the back room for my mom, 4) have stuffed on carry-on bag filled with snacks.

We still need to 1) Pack our clothes suitcase, 2) Clean up the kitchen from our lunch making mess, 3) Pack away the piles of storage and garage sale items we have purged from our house, 4) Pack second carry-on back and finally 5) check,check and triple check that we have all our paperwork, chargers, electronics, and such

Last night I had a dream that we got all the way to the airport only to find out Sam never packed any of my clothes. Which is better than the dream about flights being cancelled - because at least I can buy new clothes. I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight but it's hard to believe we leave in just 24 hours! 1 day!!!!! Because of travel I won't be posting until Wednesday morning (Bangkok time, which is Tuesday night Central standard time) and I'm not sure I'll have time before heading to the TRC - although I'll try just so everyone knows we arrived safe and sound. I think I could probably use Word to type up entries from the plane and then upload them later. Maybe there will be a funny story from the plane and I'll just have to write it down. Anyway......

I guess I'll talk to you all from the other side of the world :)

3 Comments:

Blogger April said...

good luck! God speed!!!!! can't wait to read about your journey!! my prayers are with you, April

6/03/2007 7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your updates. I check email pretty often-so let me know if you need anything.

Melanie

6/03/2007 9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I"m doing a happy dance for you! I'm so excited to read more about Jesse.

6/14/2007 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home