The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Random reflections

It's 10:15 on Sunday morning and I'm not feeling very well. Not sure if it was so much heat yesterday or something I ate. Either way - I slept a little later and we went to breakfast a little later. Sam currently has Jesse checking out the outdoor garden. The cleaning people are here so I feel weird jumping into bed....anyway...I thought this was a good time to write down some things I've been thinking about.

Bangkok stinks. I don't know if it's the many street vendors (food ones) or the exhaust from all the cars and motorbikes...either way every so often there will be a waft of air that spells like rotten eggs. It's not pleasant.

As many of you know, I used to be a writer and I often still create scenes in my head and imagine how a situation will play out...I imagined a hundred times how it would be the first time I met Jesse. It was nothing like that. I imagined I would cry - I would be overwhelmed with emotions....but I wasn't really. I was nervous and apprehensive and scared. I didn't want to scare him so I was very distanced. It wasn't until we were about the walk out the door on Friday with him in my arms that all those emotions came up. I just couldn't hold back the tears - and just kept saying "thank you for taking such good care of him" Yes, he's small but he's not starving. Not once during our feedings there or after has he grabbed for food like there was no tomorrow. He might be a little developmentally behind but he's walking and grabbing at things and nothing I'm worried about at all. It's just so amazing that they loved him so much (as we could tell by all the people who came to wish him good-bye). We are lucky we was able to spend the first 15 months of his life there.

Today is starting off slow and we haven't heard any mumblings but we still get a few smiles. He seems to be sleeping a lot and I'm not sure if it's because he's used to it or because he's mental exhausted from the trauma. I'm sure things will continue to get better each day.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you go back and check comments in previous days?

I wrote the day before and not today - which of course I am doing right now.

Love - Sheilah

6/10/2007 9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah,

Sorry to hear you feel icky. I would guess its heat and pollution. I had a sore throat most of the time I was in China due to car exhaust and pollution.

This may not be how you imagined but its still special.

Love you.
Faren watched the video with me and she waved bye bye to Jesse.

They cube Jesse was palying with all three letters due something to make Ronald pop up. On e turns I think C A goes up and down and B pushes in. Just thought I would tell you if you didn't already figure that out.

6/10/2007 9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom and I watched the video. Could not get the sound. From what we saw Jesse seems tobe settling in and adjusting to being with you and Sam. Sorry you are not feeling well. Mom will talk with you tomorrow.

Love and Kisses

Dad

6/10/2007 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah and Bobby and Jesse,

Have been following you and Jesse seems to get more and more attached to you both everyday. Have a wonderful time with him there and will see you when we get back.

Love Opa and Oma.

6/11/2007 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home