The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Monday, June 11, 2007

Times with Daddy

Hi everyone Sam here again. Since Hannah was still feeling a bit under the weather Jesse and I went out, and I was told I had to enter a blog about it.

Today we went and got Jesse's visa medical done at the BNH hospital. It was interesting to say the least. You go into the hospital and the receptionist pointed us towards the check-up centre on the 4th floor. There we had to fill in some paper work in the first sitting room, and wait a little bit. Then we went to take his height and weight in the vitals room. After that we were taken to a second waiting room to wait for the doctor. This other waiting room was pretty cool, it had couches and snacks and all kinds of goodies. It was kinda like we had made it "in" somewhere ;).

After waiting a little we saw the doctor who listened to his chest and heart. The one thing I don't like about this process is that it seems all the players only know their little part and not the whole. I say this because he said that we should sign the adoption waiver, even though it looks to me like he has all his vaccinations. Which is all well and good and we will sort it out when we get home, however the affidavit seems to have a place for someone to notarize it. I thought it was the doctor, wrong. So now I am thinking it is the person in the Visa interview, but who knows.

So after seeing the doctor and him telling us all was good and in order we went back to the swank waiting room. While we were waiting for the paper work to be finished up we met Eric and Monica, who are people Hannah talks to on the list serv, who are also adopting from Thailand. Apparently I was recognized as the one who had to cut his hair and shave ;) So Jesse and I at least met Monica and her family. I'm sure we will meet up with them again with Hannah this time.

Boy this has grown long.

After that Jesse and I went for a walk. And yes I can attest to Bangkok being a little stinky. We went to a drug store for Hannah, and then were out and about so we stopped by a language institute run by Nicklaus Mische . He is a guy I was told I should get in contact with by a friend of mine. So all in all we spent a good deal of the morning out and about. After tat went spent so quality time in the hotel room. Jesse is opening up more and we are seeing more smiles and laughs. He is also starting to babble while we are elsewhere, so that is good.

Well I've monopolized enough of all your time. We will write more tomorrow as we see what the day shall bring.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guys! Jen and I have been following along the whole time, but just now figured out how to leave a message. :) He is adorable! We are so excited to hear all about him and the trip when you get back! Good luck and we'll enjoy reading along!
-Mark & Jen

6/11/2007 4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was getting worried when there was no post yesterday!
Glad the process is going ok, albeit confusing.
Sorry Hannah is still not feeling well. Make sure she drinks enough water. Dehydration is not uncommon when traveling. Add to that the heat.
Miss you guys bunches.
- Maria

6/11/2007 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home