The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Sighs of relief

Okay - after spending another day holed up in the hotel we have discovered that our wonderful TRC social worker and her staff worked super hard to get USCIS the papers they felt they needed - and tomorrow morning at 8am we have our appointment to get Jesse's immigration approval. It's a huge weight off my shoulders because there was really a moment in her office yesterday I actually had to visualize heading home without Jesse. But....that is not the case! He's fine - he's ours - he's coming home! After our meeting we'll go to the Embassy and set up the Visa interview - which will probably take place on Monday. Hopefully the visa will be ready on Tuesday and we'll still be heading home as scheduled on Wednesday. For those of you planning on seeing us at the airport - we aware there is a slight chance things could change (keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't because my heart is aching for a giant Ian hug and don't want to wait any longer than I have to).

So....I'm feeling better - my body is slowly catching but I feel confident enough to venture out so tomorrow afternoon and this weekend we'll do some sightseeing and some shopping. It sounds like I've done a lot of shopping but we haven't really purchased anything :) Toys, 1 bracelet for me made out of Baht (Thai coins), and a little hand painted container....that's it. I have so much more to buy..... :)

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!!

I am so happy that everything has worked out.

I am holding out hope that we will still get to see you on Wednesday.

Love us

Sachs

6/14/2007 6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew!! I am so happy that things worked out! Have fun shopping! Can't wait to see you guys on wed
Love,
Wendy :)

6/14/2007 9:00 AM  
Blogger Robin and Kyle said...

WOO HOO! We're so glad everything was worked out!
Enjoy your weekend!

6/14/2007 12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally had some time to catch up and I was so happy to see the photos of your new son! What a joy and blessing!

6/14/2007 12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear I haven't been able to think straight since lunch yesterday when I read the latest update. I'm so happy things are looking better (and Hannah is feeling better).

Enjoy yourselves - watch out for the cream cheese

Sara

6/14/2007 1:16 PM  
Blogger TracyMcGal said...

Glad to hear the good news. Adoption is not for wimps!! Your blog is a daily stop for me. Thank you for sharing it. It makes bringing home a baby so real.
Tracy G.

6/14/2007 2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! Ted will be So happy when I tell him, he was very worried for you yesterday. Here's to family, good health, and shopping in Thailand! All our best!
Dawn & Ted

6/14/2007 2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! All is as it should be...you with Jesse and Jesse with you. We hope the rest of your stay is wonderful and we can't wait to have a playdate once you are home and settled in.

love, Libby & the gang

6/14/2007 3:08 PM  
Blogger Glen and Andrea said...

I check heaps of times all day long and there are no more posts to read cause everyone's in bed . Then I have to go to bed, get up first thing and practically run to the computer to see an update from you and there are 2 posts and 13 more comments!! I'm always behind - even though I'm ahead! Anyway, so relieved that the drama is sorted. Bring on the shopping!!

6/14/2007 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AF and I are so happy for you and Jesse and Ian. Elaine also has been concerned when I told her of the possible hold up. I am so glad I didn't have to come over there and have a talk with those people in Homeland Security!!!!!

I cannot wait for you all to be together again. I know Ian will be so glad to have you home with his new brother.

Shop til you drop and have fun with each other.

We love you so much!

Sheilah

6/14/2007 4:50 PM  
Blogger April said...

Whew!! What a relief for you both!!! I'm so happy to hear that there was nothing further needed and that it seems to be cleared up!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that video. He is just too cute and what a personality for such a little guy!! I'm sure things are not all roses right now but you truly look like a family. So happy for you.
Hugs, April

6/14/2007 5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah, Sam, and Jesse,

So glad to hear that things are back to heading in the right direction. I gasped an audible sigh of disbelief when I read yesterdays blog. Before you know it you will be home and Jesse will be chasing his big brother all over the house. Congratulations again, I could not be happier for you.

Bridget

6/14/2007 10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't see us, but trust me - Mark and I are doing the happy dance over here for you guys!!!Praise God for answered prayers (and very helpful social workers and staff)! :o) Love, Jen & Mark

6/15/2007 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home