The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Friday, June 15, 2007

A nothing kinda of day

This morning we woke up at the crack of dawn to be showered, fed, and taxied to our INS meeting by 8am. We were early - they called us in at around 8:20 or so. Go government. It wasn't too bad though - quick and painless (this time around) and we were back in the waiting room by 8:50 or so to wait for the magic paper we needed to present at the Embassy for the visa interview. We received our paper around 9:20 or so and off we went. But of course not to the Embassy - that would have been too easy. They don't make appointments until 2pm. So we went shopping! I got a ton done in this very overwhelming shopping center called MBK. I found a handicrafts store with a very nice girl who helped me out and took several Baht off each thing I bought. I also finally found some silver jewelry - my favorite being a cute little charm bracelet with elephants on it (and a jingle bell). I'm pleased.

So really - after that it was back to the hotel for lunch and what he had hoped was a nap - didn't happen. Jesse was tired but energized from lunch - so he got lots of milk in hopes of him falling asleep and ended up just going with Sam to the Embassy to make the appointment. I was waiting for a phone call at the hotel. Our Visa Interview is Monday morning at 9:30am. If all goes as planned said visa will be ready for pick up on Tuesday.

Other than that I thought I would take this time to write about a few key phrases that have been a part of our trip. This is more for my journaling purposes and so don't feel the need to be entertained or amused :)

1) He/She didn't get the memo.
Def: Noticed tourist either he: with scruffy hair and beard, wearing shorts and weird muscle tank top OR she: with tiny shorts, tiny tank tops, tiny sandals.

2) Long haired boy - just saying.
Def: Hannah has once again noticed a Thai male with long hair.

3) Find your fingers.
Def: Our best efforts in teaching Jesse some self soothing techniques while trying to fall asleep (because he likes to suck on his fingers).

4) I hope it doesn't smell.
Def: Every time we are about to get INSIDE a taxi, we hope that it does not stink the lots and lots of dirty feet (and various other body parts). Believe me, I've gagged a few times when the doors were opened for us to get in.

Anyway - that's about all for my post today. Tomorrow hopefully lots of sightseeing stories to be shared.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha i love point number 4 - yuchy yuchy yuchy I am really bad around bad smells like that, I have taken mental note and will be taking scarf covered in perfum around my neck when go to bangkok

6/15/2007 4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home