The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Thursday, December 27, 2007

For the first time

It's a weird thing I'm about to write about - one I'm not sure many people can relate to (although many people in my circle probably can....). I realized the other night, that for the first time in about 7 years I am no longer actively building my family. I am not thinking about a child I do not have, I am not trying to find a way to bring home a child I do not have, I am not taking shots, filling out paperwork, or dreaming about a child I do not have. I can now spend all my time focusing on the children I do have. It's a strange realization - a strange truth to wrap my head around. I no longer have to think about building my family because we are built. So much of my life has revolved around my dreams of motherhood - so much of my daily efforts over the past 7 years has been to get me to this very point, and now......I am not sure how to handle it.

It's a strange sensation to have your dreams become reality. I'm so glad Jesse's adoption has been finalized because now I can go into 2008 fresh, done, complete. It's a new beginning for a new life I'm really looking forward to living.

5 Comments:

Blogger Robin and Kyle said...

Smile and enjoy! We're so happy for your guys! =)

12/27/2007 8:27 PM  
Blogger TracyMcGal said...

Sounds like things are going really well in your life. Enjoy them, you deserve it!

12/27/2007 10:06 PM  
Blogger Glen and Andrea said...

Hannah - I hear every single word! What a sense of peace you can enjoy now. For those of us that have to work so hard for a family I believe we can appreciate those miracle children even more. I'm so happy for you that you can move into a diferent season now and leave those long 7 years behind.

12/28/2007 3:20 PM  
Blogger hirallysantiago@gmail.com said...

Enjoy you new life

1/02/2008 2:18 PM  
Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I am looking forward to that day - I am going through China... it is a long wait but I have been waiting this long... I am not going to pull out now... take care

1/02/2008 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home