The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Friday, November 16, 2007

Long time

I know it's been awhile since I've posted. We went on vacation right after Halloween and it's taken me a week to recover! We took an amazing road trip...but first Halloween. Here's a picture of me in my awesome costume with my Knight in Shining Armor.


We had 2 fun filled days of parties at the YMCA, plus actually trick-or-treating with our friends. Jesse caught on super fast and was not shy about wanting the candy. Ian was a super trick-or-treater running from house to house and never loosing steam. We had to drag him back to our friends' house for dinner, or else he'd have been out all night. He had a great time, and I don't think it was even all about the candy. Just the act and excitement of each new house, all decorated and all the surprises the lurked behind each door.

Then we headed out on the road for a giant trip - hey man, go big or go home, right? So we drove through the night to Pittsburgh and stopped over for good friends and good food. I only lived there a year but I made this amazing friend, Tara, and she opened her house to us and helped us eat our way around town. It may sound weird, but really Pittsburgh has some of the move amazing local restaurants. Imagine a giant sandwich with your choice of meat (we like the tuna salad or roast beef), a slice of cheese, vinegar cold slaw, tomatoes (if you like) and super yummy french fries, all together on thick cut italian bread!!!! I know, I know - but you've got to taste it! There is an amazing tex-mex place, Mad Mex, that was a late night spot when Sam was in college, he was hooked for 4 years and it took me like 2 visits to start craving it). And, although I'm proud to be from the Chicagoland area, there is a local Pizza place in Pittsburgh that is the most delicious pizza I've ever had. Our next trip to the 'burgh will include more than just food :) Oh, and you can't forget the Smiley Cookies! I can't wait to go back!

Okay - so I spend a lot of time talking about food we ate in the first 24 hours of our trip...but we had a great adventure heading into Baltimore, MD to visit family. Aunt Sheilah (pictured with us and my niece, Faren, at the Harbor Place) Aunt Frona, Grandma Elaine, Aunt Min, and Jack all met Jesse for the first time and saw Ian again for the first time in 2 years. We went to the Utz Potato Chip factory tour (super yummy chips you can only get out East), Hershey, PA (where I once again ate the best chocolate cake in the world from this little local diner), and Washington DC - to Air and Space Museum and the National Zoo. We spent time with my sister, Donna and her family - the first real time she's spent with Jesse. And returned home, exhausted but really happy. Ian has also started a new collection - squished pennies, so now we hunt for those machines where ever we go :) Okay - enough babble now for some pictures.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home