The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Where has all the time gone?

I can't believe it is nearly October. You'd never guess by the weather we are having here but I think it's going to break into more Fall like temps tomorrow. Anyway - we've been so busy with school, work, meetings, gatherings, outings, and holidays I can't believe I haven't posted in so long.

Jesse celebrated his first Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, which were rather uneventful and marked with dinners at Bubbie and Zayde's house. Unfortunately we still have not gotten around to joining a temple.....another thing on my to-do list.

We had our court date, which has allowed the paper pushing to start toward the finalization of the adoption. It's beyond words to think of it being finalized - while at the same it already seems so final. It's a strange in between and it's hard to explain. I know he's mine so the court dates seemed like no big deal - but at the same time it's a huge deal and was very exciting. I told you - hard to explain.

We went Apple Picking and to the Jelly Belly Factory tour (which is actually a tour around the warehouse that shows you videos of bean production - all while sitting on a cute little train wearing a silly paper hat). It was a very warm day and it made apple picking not so much fun. But we did get a lot of yummy apples to eat.

Ian went to the dentist for a cleaning - no cavities and he was a perfect patient. He didn't squirm, cry, or resist. I was super proud. I also went to the dentist for a cleaning and have no cavities to report :)

Jesse went swimming for the first time (with us) and seemed to really love it. He's come a long way from the kid who screamed and wouldn't sit down in the bathtub. Ian has made huge progress in his lessons and can swim short distances with no assistance (again, so proud).

Although I still feel a little out of sorts with my routine, and being so busy, and having a hard time cooking dinner....I'm also feeling really happy these days. I hope I didn't just jinx myself :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Glen and Andrea said...

It's so nice to see you all looking so happy. I was just starting to worry about you because you hadn't posted for a while - glad to see it was only because you are so busy with 2 boys! That Jelly Bean factory sounds like lots of fun. Those two wee boys are very cute in those sunhats! By the way, you might want to check my Blog...we have a REFERRAL!!!

10/01/2007 2:26 PM  
Blogger Swiftyjess said...

I never cared before for the fall transition until I had a child. Now I can't wait to go to the pumpkin patch.
It's good to see everyone smiling!

10/03/2007 1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah,
When did mom start looking so old.
I guess being across the country I miss a lot.

I love the pictures. The one in the pool, Jesses hands remind me of what Faren does.

I can't wait to meet him and see you guys.

love you


Oh yeah the wedding video. So cute.

10/03/2007 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home