The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Thursday, August 30, 2007

I've been tagged

So, for those who read my comments - you might have seen a mysterious one about Andrea tagging me. Apparently it's a kind of blog "forward/chain letter" type deal. Well, I'm not into those - but after reading Andrea's post I thought it might be fun to share some general information about myself. I realize a lot of people reading might now know anything aside from the adoption journey we have been on. So here it goes (things I think other people might find interesting about me):

Sam and I are high school sweethearts and until we got engaged we had a long distance relationship. (That equals 4 years.) We dated about 2 months before I headed off to college (Beloit, WI) and Sam went to New Zealand as an exchange student. Then he came home and headed to Pittsburgh for college. On my graduation day, he proposed in front of a house full of people and I moved to Pittsburgh for a year. We've been married for 8 years this October.

In my family I have 2 sisters, 2 brother-in-laws, 1 nephew, and 2 nieces. I also have NO first cousins.

Growing up I wanted to be the next Greatest American Writer and received a degree in Creative Writing - somewhere along the line I fell in love with layout and design. Some would call it Graphic Design - but I'm not an artist and really consider what I do layout. I'm enjoying doing it for fun after working in corporate advertising for about 5 years. However, when I have to go back to work - I'm not sure what I will look for. My interests and passions have changed...

Which brings me to....I really enjoy Sociology. I love to read books about class structures, welfare, foster care, family dynamics, and social histories (Holocaust memoirs, personal accounts of triumph). I sometimes think I would want to be a social worker - but that'll suck the life right out of you. I think I'd love to run support groups - help people by letting them vent and talk in a safe place with other people who understand what they are going through. But I don't think I have it in me to go back to school for another degree.

I collect mice. All kinds - although it's packed away right now, my collection is quite extensive (and there is not one Mickey Mouse to be seen). Once day I will have a house where my office can be decked out in mice. My collection includes statues, stuffed animals, china plates, wrapping paper, glass/plastic/ceramic figurines, brand new and antiques.....I haven't seen it in so long but everything you can imagine I have.

My favorite painting, The Old Shepherd's Chief Mourner, is from the Victorian Era by Sir Edwin Landseer. Some people think it's creepy but I love it - we have a copy hanging in our bedroom.

I love to shop and have an obsession with jewelry and handbags. It's a problem. :) I love pens. I have more than any one person needs in this computer age - but I can't stop myself from buying more. Everything from Bic to carved wood. I often ask people to buy them for me during their vacations.

Okay - I guess that's enough diving into my personality disorders :) Probably more than any of you wanted to know anyway. Maybe by the middle of next week I'll have more cute kid stories to share :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Glen and Andrea said...

Thanks for doing that Hannah! I've never been tagged before and was nervous about tagging other people, so thank you for responding.

9/08/2007 12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home