The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Monday, August 27, 2007

The power is back

We have had power since Saturday night - which was a wonderful thing. Especially since Jesse has been fighting a fever. I took him to the doctor today and they had to run some extra tests. Hopefully it's just something his body was fending off and now it's on the mend. He had more energy tonight and I finally got to see his little smile again. I missed it so much after 3 days.

Driving to the doctor's office we pass an animal shelter. It made me remember going in there with Ian last March. We had arrived too early for his appointment and decided to waste time by looking at the cute animals. It was before we received our travel date and looking at all those cute little faces gave me a huge urge to bring something home. Just pick one of these caged animals and make it my own - nurture it and take care of it - most of all love it. I remember the one I wanted most was a beautiful kitten with an extra toe. :) She was adorable. Today's car ride made me think of that adventure because life has changed so much. In the back seat of my car, was the little creature I had been waiting to nurture and now it broke my heart to see him so sad again. I'd been hugging him and kissing him and snuggling him trying to rid his body of what hurt.....in the end I had to take him someplace that scared him and ultimately caused him more pain with pokes and prodes.

Ian didn't have a lot of illness when we was little. He's had two bouts of stomach yuck but otherwise he just doesn't get sick. I don't think I'd make a good nurse or doctor - I feel too helpless. My boys are going to get sick again - I'm sure a lot more in their lives......will taking care of them ever get easier?

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin and Kyle said...

Hi Hannah,
So sorry Jesse's not feeling 100%. I hope he's feeling much better soon!

8/28/2007 5:31 AM  
Blogger Glen and Andrea said...

Hi Hannah, I've been tagged. I've completed the task and had to tag 6 others so I've tagged you!

8/29/2007 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home