The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Monday, July 09, 2007

Picture update

Here are some pictures from the 4th of July celebration (on the 3rd) :) (Thanks Maria for all the great shots from that night) I think they speak volumes about the fun everyone had. Not much to blog about these days. I'm not feeling as overwhelmed as I was a week ago, Jesse is still doing great - although I'm still not sure he knows I'm Mommy and what that all means. He definitely knows I'm safe and a caretaker, which is a positive step. The boys have fun chasing each other around the house and although still possessive over his toys, Ian is getting much better about sharing. Today was Ian's first day of summer camp. He's going to the YMCA for just over a half day, 3 days a week. He cried last night, cried this morning about how he didn't want to leave me. He wanted to stay home with me and Jesse and do what we were doing. I made him a deal - one day of camp, if he hated it he didn't have to go back. Surprise surprise when I picked him up he was already talking about all the stuff they were going to do tomorrow. I knew he'd love it. And he got a gleaming report from his counselors about how good he was and how great he was at sharing (who's kid is that?). I'm very lucky to have such good boys.

This is Ian enjoying the firework - he was so amazed by it all.


Here's Jesse after a loud, bright one went off. I love it - just wish I could have captured the shriek that went along with it. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Glen and Andrea said...

Those photos are gorgeous!

7/09/2007 5:26 PM  
Blogger Robin and Kyle said...

Ha! I love the one of Jesse shrieking at the fireworks. You have a beautiful family! Glad things are going well for you. =)
Robin

7/09/2007 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home