The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Saturday, August 25, 2007

missing in action

Hey everyone - sorry it's been awhile but things have been crazy. My sister, niece, and nephew came in for a short visit last weekend (kind of on a whim) we did a lot of running around. I have some cute pictures of the kids to post when I can. However, a huge storm rolled through our area on Thursday afternoon and we haven't had power since. It's been very hectic and very stressful. Not only do we have no lights, tv, radio, and the normal stuff - but we also have no stove, range, hot water heater.....our entire house is run on electricity. We have no gas appliances or anything....so we have been down and out for nearly 2 days. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but with Ian and Jesse, and the heat....and us having to take refuge at my parents' 1-bedroom apartment for the day....and eating out every meal......let's just say I'm tired. And I should buy stock in Alieve.

There has been a slight break in the weather but it's still not great. I'm currently at the library near my parents place so I could check my email, update the blog, and get a little peace and quiet.

What makes it worse is that a lot of our northwest suburban area is effected - which means driving anywhere causes heart palpitations because of traffic lights being out. This morning we drove through a huge dangerous intersection where the police were simply sitting in their cars watching the mayhem. It's ridiculous. Well - now I'm just ranting, so I'll move on and then shut up.

We have started the adoption process through our court system. Our papers are being properly filed and we are waiting for approval from Thailand. Once we get that all our other papers will be already ready to go. It's a nice thought that things are moving forward, even though 95% of the time I forget Jesse is not quite ours yet. (Legally, that is).

I'll post some pictures when I can.

1 Comments:

Blogger Serena said...

**HUG!!**

Sorry things are so dreaful right now. Hope the power comes back on, for comfort, safety AND sanity!

8/27/2007 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home