The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

So much to say

Well - I've been meaning to post for a few days and now I have a bunch of little things to talk about. One is a great conversation I had with Ian. And please remember - HE'S 4!!!!!!!

Ian: Mommy - am I Thai?
Me: No, you're not Thai.
I: But Jesse is.
M: Yes, Jesse is Thai, that's right.
I: So what am I?
M: You're American.
I: So did you go to American to get me?
M: No, honey, you grew in my tummy.
I: How'd I get in your tummy?
M: Well, Mommy and Daddy went to see a special doctor who helped mommy get pregnant.
I: Did he put me in your tummy?
M: Not exactly.
I: So, how'd-I-get-in-your-tummy?
M: It's a mommy and daddy thing.
*enter cute thing done by Jesse and the conversation is over*

In that moment, I actually wished I had gone through IVF, so I could have said "Yes, yes that doctor did put you in my tummy." :)

This past weekend we attended a wedding. Someone Sam works, and we have become friends with them both. Ian has been practicing his dance moves for the big day. He has great moves - I'll have Sam upload a video, and was so happy when the music started. he was out there pulling out all the stops - and I saw the people smiling and clapping for him...it filled my heart with such joy. As often as I feel I don't do him justice as a parent....he's a great kid. One people like and find adorable. I was a very proud mama :)

The past few weeks have been amazing. Ian has returned from his angry place and I've really noticed his personality returning to "normal". It was subtle at first but now I see he's smiling more again, laughing more again, and just enjoying life again. He's taken to his role as big brother and has turned a gentle more loving corner with Jesse. Everyone keeps asking how Jesse has adjusted and how his transition has been - I always think to myself, a piece of cake compared to Ian's. But my boy is a great trooper and stuck it out to find his light at the end of the tunnel. He's comfortable in his new life which makes me so proud.

As much as I love the little boys they are - I realize I'm really looking forward to seeing the men they grow up to be.

1 Comments:

Blogger Glen and Andrea said...

That was lovely to hear. Would have loved to see the dancing!

9/12/2007 4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home