The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Parenting 202

So, all the rules I finally had a grip on after 4 years of Ian (aka: Parenting 101) have gone completely out the window - apparently that's the lesson plan for Parenting 202 (aka: Jesse).

Things I never thought I would do:
1) Allow my 22 month old to have a lollipop
2) Allow my 22 month old to play with Hot Wheels cars
3) Allow my 22 month old to drink soda (nearly every time I have some he drinks some)
4) Allow my 22 month old to eat in the car (raisins as a snack on the way to the doctor's office)
5) Allow my 4 years old to "watch" my 22 months old, while I'm in the shower

Because:
1) Ian didn't have lollipops until he was 3 years old
2) Ian didn't play with Hot Wheels until he was 3 years old
3) Ian hardly ever drank from my soda and only recently (after his 4th birthday) has be been allowed to order Sprite, Fruit Punch, or Orange on any sort of regular basis
4) Ian NEVER eats in the car - except during our most recent car trip
5) Ian stayed in his crib while I showered until he was 2.5 years old

4 Comments:

Blogger Glen and Andrea said...

Funny - I can so easily imagine this happening!

12/28/2007 3:21 PM  
Blogger hirallysantiago@gmail.com said...

this is great!!!

1/02/2008 2:16 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

I think it's like that for most parents. I know the rules for me growing up were considerably different for my younger brother.

1/02/2008 4:28 PM  
Blogger Swiftyjess said...

How on Earth did you get Ian to stay in his crib while you showered? :-)

2/06/2008 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home