The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Friday, January 25, 2008

Nearly all 50 States

So, I don't know much about computers (except how to use them) and all the fancy stuff people do. I've never been part of a chat room or used bulletin boards very much. The closest I've gotten to an online community is this blog and the Thai Adoption List Serv! So when Sam connected me to some program that would track my blog visits I was amazed/impressed that something like this existed. It's pretty cool to see how many visits I get a day and how people find my blog....but the coolest thing is I can see where people are connecting from. Nothing creepy like addresses, but general locations down to the city. The other day I caught Sam checking up on my blog (I often don't even look because I thought I had a pretty good idea of who was reading it) and noticed I have visitors in over half of the United States!!!!! I was so excited to see shades of green in so many different states (this of course does not include my excitement over my overseas readers - many of whom I can guess their identities by location but some are a mystery).

I would love to meet everyone who checks into my blog and find out where you are reading from. If you have a connection to Thai adoption (or any adoption) I'd love to hear about it. Or if you found my site through some other means, please let me know, I'm really interested in meeting more people out there in the world.

So don't be afraid to leave me a comment and say HI :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, my name is Dorothy, and I've been reading your blog since before you went to Thailand to pick up your son. I'm on the Thai adopt list, and am a single lady living in Thailand fostering Thai kids waiting for adoption (our kids go through FFAC). I like to read as much as i can about the whole process and how adopted kids and families adjust to each other. Our goal is to keep kids out of the orphanages. . .i just finished fostering a little girl from the time she was three days old until she went with her family on Dec. 15 (she was almost 2 years old). She went to Finland, and her family is wonderful at staying in contact with me, they report that she is doing great. I was also able to keep up contact with the birthmother, and get many great pictures of my little girl with her birthfamily, which i'm sure will be invaluable for her later on. I love being part of the adoption community, and have met so many great people this way!

Dorothy

P.S. when I'm in Thailand, you might see me visiting your site from Chiang Mai. I'm currently at home in central PA for a two month visit before i head back to Thailand, and more kids!

1/26/2008 7:43 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Hi, My name is Julie and we are currently waiting to travel to Thailand and bring our daughter home. We are living in the South Island of New Zealand. We had a referral last September and hope that we do not have too much longer to wait for travel. We are looking foward to our trip and meeting our child's foster family in Chaing Mai. It's great to read about your experiances of adoption.

1/26/2008 10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
I read everything about Thailand adoption that I can find. I love your site and to be able to follow your journey. We are currently waiting to finish the paperchase and get our approval, but hopefully in June, everything will be ready and sent to Thailand. Oh, and we live in Norway. All the best to you and your family!

1/28/2008 11:19 AM  
Blogger Tasha Kent said...

Hi,
I found you on another international adoption blogroll and stopped by your site for a visit. I'm also adopting, but from Uzbekistan.
Tasha

1/30/2008 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home