The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Friday, February 01, 2008

The shortest month - with the most going on

I've always been a little partial to February :) I love the mystery of the Leap Year, I love Amethyst (and pretty much all things purple), Ground Hog's Day is a pretty cool holiday, and it's the month of my birthday! This time around we have the added bonus of Jesse's birthday is also in February, making it a little sweeter. :)

So this year, I'm busy busy busy! I'm volunteering at the YMCA working on our Valentine's Day Family Dance, which we hope to make super cool with a raffle, popcorn machine, and DJ. It should be a lot of fun. I'm helping gathering donations, creating flyers, and brainstorming ideas (like for the popcorn machine) :) It's fun to be planning something that people will be excited about attending.

I've also been thinking about Jesse's birthday party for about 4 months now :) I've decided on a red/white/blue decor to honor both his new US citizenship and the colors in the Thai flag. I'm planning a big party with Thai food (and something for those not into Thai food, although how could you not be?), fun goodies, and it's going to be at the YMCA Adventure center - which has a "maze" that's 3 levels high (imagine a McDonald's play area on steroids). A blog-buddy of mine just celebrated her son's birthday, but he hasn't come home yet. Andrea in New Zealand hosted a nice little party to honor her son's 2nd birthday, which I know will mean a lot to him later in life. Last year, I remember going out for Thai food and me probably being very grumby and pouty - NOT THIS YEAR! :) It's a pretty big party for a 2 year old, but thanks to a generous aunt we are able to make Jesse's first real birthday party a big celebration. I know it's going to be so worth it.

So as this month begins, I will be busy with planning, conference calls, education seminars, a Pampered Chef party, Valentine's day celebrations, birthday celebrations, and then finally on leap year this year I will be taking a jewelry making class. Just what I need , another hobby :) But I think I'll like it and be really good at it. We'll see.

I'm suppose to be designing special t-shirts for the boys, using a method I read about on another blog but I just don't know if I'll have the time :( It might have been a little too artsy for me anyway.

Oh - and on this first day of February, Ian experienced his first SNOW DAY! Several area schools were canceled and so was the preschool classes at the Y. I didn't expect that, but I was glad once I looked outside and saw the SEVERAL inches of snow on my car :) Gotta love it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Swiftyjess said...

Happy Birthday to you and Jesse!

2/06/2008 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home